Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope today finds you with many things to be thankful for.   I'm happy to be closer to family this year, and on my way to my aunt's for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner later today.   I made this last night to give to her as a little hostess gift.   The candle is wax, but it has an electric votive inside, so very safe!   I don't know about you, but I don't think I've ever seen a project made with Spice Cake Designer Series Paper that I didn't like, so it seemed like a no-brainer to use for this project.  I'm one of those stampers who feels the need to ink distress the edges of everything, preferably in 2 or 3 colors of ink; here I used Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip.   Sentiment from Day of Gratitude.  Punches:  Decorative Label and Lace Border.   Beautiful Antique Brad - I love those things.    Next time maybe I'll put a knot or bow of the Crochet Lace &/or Linen thread - oooooh!   I think I need to make another one of these soon!


Dimensionals used to adhere label to strip of paper and Sticky Strip to adhere paper to the candle.

No comments: